Do you think Hunting is murder?

Jamal

Registered
Rep

Jul 9, 2021
Credits
Do you consider hunting to be murder? I ask, because a friend of mine, claims I am a murderer because I hunt deer where I live. I of course, also eat said deer after it's killed, so as to not waste anything from the deer. We respect the animal, as we don't shoot it and just leave it to die. We eat the meat, make deer jerky (yum) and can make coats/jackets/blankets out of the fur and so on.

I know people make hunters out to be these bad guys, because they pose for pics with their kill. But I disagree, I think if they do it to get the food, then I have no issue with it. But if you go on some African safari or something, and kill a lion or elephant or something, then that's not for food, that's just trophy hunting, and I'm against that.

What's your view on this?

Lance

Registered
Rep

Jul 6, 2021
Credits
Do you consider hunting to be murder? I ask, because a friend of mine, claims I am a murderer because I hunt deer where I live. I of course, also eat said deer after it's killed, so as to not waste anything from the deer. We respect the animal, as we don't shoot it and just leave it to die. We eat the meat, make deer jerky (yum) and can make coats/jackets/blankets out of the fur and so on.

I know people make hunters out to be these bad guys, because they pose for pics with their kill. But I disagree, I think if they do it to get the food, then I have no issue with it. But if you go on some African safari or something, and kill a lion or elephant or something, then that's not for food, that's just trophy hunting, and I'm against that.

What's your view on this?
If you hunt to kill and not eat, then it's for sport. But if you hunt to eat, then it's not for sport.